Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ok so i'm pretty blonde and i went swimming in the ocean with 2 metal clips in my hair and then

and left them in my hair on accident so when i took them out my hair has a big orange rust line in it!!! what can i do to get it out? does anyone know? thanks guys i appreciate this one!



Ok so i'm pretty blonde and i went swimming in the ocean with 2 metal clips in my hair and then i came home

The easiest thing to do would be to go to a CVS/Walgreens type drugstore and look for the shampoo that is formulated for "hard water" or "well water" and it should get rid of most of the rust stain. Also you can put a paste of vinegar %26amp; cream of tartar on your hair and leave it for about 20 mins. or so which should help as well. Don't bother cutting your hair because eventually it will wash or grow all the way out, as long as you aren't washing your hair in well- or hard-water all the time. You only had the clips in while you were swimming so the odds are good that the rust isn't permanently deposited into your hair like it would be if you were washing it with rusty water daily. Good luck!



Ok so i'm pretty blonde and i went swimming in the ocean with 2 metal clips in my hair and then i came home

Rinse with a mixture of vinegar with some cream of tartar added to it, leaving it in for about 10 minutes before you rinse it out.



2. Try the same thing with lemon juice.



3. This is the one I know you will see some improvement with, but is a more temporary fix: Get some shampoo that is made for platinum blond and gray hair. These shampoos have a blue/purple temporary color to them which will help neutralize any red tones in your hair. Many companies make them, try Matrix閳ユ獨 So Silver (from salons only), or Clairol閳ユ獨 Shimmering Lights (you should be able to find this in the drugstore, or a Sallys Beauty Supply). To this, add a tablespoon of baking soda, mix together in your palm, and shampoo in your hair. Again, leave it in for about 10 minutes. Repeat as often as you want to.



I think your very best bet is to work towards getting that hair cut off of your head, and then prevent it from happening any further. As is almost always the case, prevention is easier than repairing damage already done. If you aren閳ユ獩 willing to try a shorter haircut, be sure to get your hair trimmed up regularly. On a daily basis, use shampoos that are designed to take minerals out of your hair. They will say something like 閳ユ竷larifying閳?or 閳ユ笧emoves build up.閳?There are a few on the market that are made for use with well water, but I have never tried any of them, so I cannot give you my real opinion on those. What I do on about a monthly basis is add a tablespoon or so of baking soda to my regular shampoos, leave in a few minutes and rinse it out. But, if I had problems like you are having I would do it at least weekly.



One more thing, rust is caused by the reaction of iron and water. Do not let your hair stay wet for long periods of time, either blow it dry, or if you must let it dry naturally, be sure and toss it around and scrunch it with your hands so it dries just as quickly as possible. If you don閳ユ獩 need to wash your hair daily, don閳ユ獩. Be sure to use a good conditioner in your hair regularly as well, because blow drying will really make your hair dry out badly. I sure hope something in here will help you out. Let me know if you try all of those, and nothing works, and I will dig a little deeper and try to help you out, ok? Good luck!



Ok so i'm pretty blonde and i went swimming in the ocean with 2 metal clips in my hair and then i came home

I'd try a pummice based solution. Works on my boat. Also bleach.



Ok so i'm pretty blonde and i went swimming in the ocean with 2 metal clips in my hair and then i came home

Oh know!!



my advice would be to wash your hair with a mixture of shampoo and baking soda.



if this doesnt work, you may have to dye over it if you need it gone right away.



i think it will just go away on its own though.



good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment